Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pleurodesis

Dear friends,
Last week the CT showed that I have more liquid in the lungs and that some of the lobes are partially collapsed. This Tuesday I will have a small surgical procedure, a Pleurodesis to remove the liquid and perhaps do a little retrofitting of the pleura. The surgeon will enter the lung cavity with a probe and peek around to decide what to do. I will be under general anesthesia and they will keep me in the hospital (they remember how such a good company I was) for 2 or 3 days. Otherwise I am OK, a little tired but my usual cheerful.


The next update when I get back home.


El CT de la pasada semana mostro que tenia mas liquido en los pulmones y que los pulmones estaban parcialmente collapsados (por el liquido).
Este martes ire al hospital para que me hagan una Pleurodesis. Es una intervencion quirurgica pequena para sacar el liquido. El cirujano entrara con un tubito (dos en realidad, uno es para el liquido) para ver que hay por ahi dentro y quizas decida hacer un poco de obras de remodelacion (pegar las superficies) en la Pleura. Van a usar anestesia generaly me tendran en el hospital 2 o 3 dias (soy tan buena compania ... ). Por lo demas todo va bien, un poco cansado pero de buen humor.

El proximo cuando vuelva a casa/

No comments:

Post a Comment