Friday, April 15, 2011

noticias, algunas buenas. ... news, some of them good

The day started with a disruptive call from the Cancer Center. They had looked at the PET/CT scan and they were concerned with blood clots. I did not talk to the oncologist so we did not get much on how the tumors were, although from the little they could tell me it seems that the results were good. I will know more next week. Meanwhile we had to run up to the Cancer Center to deal with the clots. Monday I start on a some blood thinner pills, today we started on some shots to keep me stable with the clots and prevent any growth. Not bad, it seems that we have under control: who gets to inject oneself twice a day in the belly? We consider having Lynnette give me the shots, but I did not have the heart to put that on her. So I am overcoming my phobia of needles and  doing it myself.
Now the good news. I talked to the brain oncologist (he is the sweetest guy) about the MRI results: they talk about "lesions", and they said that they could not see most of lesions and the ones the saw were so small that they could not say it was cancer. It is great news!!
The day ended in a good note!

El dia comenzo con una llamada del Centro Oncologico. Esatabn procupados con unos cuagulos de sangre que vieron en los resuslados del PET/CT scan. Como no pude hablar con el oncologo, no pudimos hablar de los tunores en el pulmon, pero las indicaciones son de que todo va bien ahi y se van reduciendo. La semana que viene hablare con el oncologo y tendre mas que contar. Mientras he empezado a tomar medicamentos para evitar embolismos: el lunes empezarea tomar unas pastillas y por ahora me injectare dos veces al dia (pense en que Lynnette me diese las injecciones, pero al final decidi tomar  la responsibilidad)
Buenas noticias. Hable con el oncologo del cerebro sobre los resultados del MRI: de todas las lesiones que tenia no encuentran la mayoria, y las pocas que ven son tan pequenas que no pueden decir si es un tumor o no. Son excellente noticias!!!
El dia termino en nota bien buena!

1 comment:

  1. Xabier, nire lagun nahi eduntua, oso albiste ona da. Bihotz-bihotzez ZORIONAK!!. Asko alaitzen naiz.
    Gogoa, guztia honela jarrai dezan!!. Pertsona bat zara indar askorekin eta bloguero bikain bat!!
    Como mi euskera es muy básico, estoy segura de que entiendes todo lo dicho. Y además, estoy convencida de que lo utilizas más y mejor que yo.
    Merecía la pena este esfuerzo por mi parte para demostrarte la alegría inmensa que me ha producido leer tan buenas noticias.
    Musu oso handi bat eta besarkada gogor gogor bat.
    Horten

    ReplyDelete