Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wednesday ... Miercoles

On Wednesday we went to see the doctor at Stanford University. He gave a very detailed description of the possible families or variations of the cancer I have. The importance is that each responds better to a kind of treatment and also varies the life expectancy (a few more months, something longer ...). He is proposing to do a "molecular analysis" of the tumor, a kind of genetic study of the tumor. He was going to talk to my doctor of record to discuss carrying out the test. Tuesday I will talk to my doctor and i will see how it goes. 

El miercoles fui a Stanford University a una consulta con un oncologo. Fue bien, me dio una explicacion muy detallada de los possibles subtipos de cancer que yo pueda tener. Lo impotante de saber a que familia my cancer pertenece, es que cambia el tipo de tratamiento y tambien la expectacion de vida (quizas unos meses mas, quizas algo mas, ... ) todo es importante. El oncologo iba a hablar con mi oncologo principal para hacer unos estudios moleculares (genetico) del cancer e identificar al typo de cancer. El lunes hablare con my oncologo principal y a ver que pasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment